Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 5-6 mini cakes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¾ cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup granulated erythritol
- 1 ⅓ cup Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup boiling coffee or water
- Cranberry Jam
- Chocolate Ganache (or chocolate frosting)
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a square pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until thickened. Whisk in applesauce, eggs, coconut sugar and caster sugar.
- Add in Flourish, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk together until well combined. Whisk in boiling coffee (or water).
- Pour into the prepared tin and place in the lower half of the oven. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until well risen and a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean (don't open the oven until at least the 45 minute mark).
- Remove from the oven once ready and leave to cool down before carefully removing from the tin.
- Place onto a flat surface and using 2" round cutter carefully cut out shapes. You should end up with 11-12 shapes, depending on size of your circle cutter.
- Sandwich 2 together with a generous dollop of cranberry jam in the middle. Top with chocolate ganache (or frosting) and cranberries.