· By Aubrey Bramwell
Shamrock Frappuccino Pancakes With Coconut Whip & Mocha Glaze
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 5-6 Pancakes
- 1 cup Flourish Original (or Buttermilk) Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp finely ground Balzac’s Espresso Blend
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring (Optional)
Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 Can Full Fat coconut milk (should sound near solid inside when shaken)
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tbsp brewed Balzacs Espresso
- Chocolate wafers, crumbled
1. Whipped Coconut Cream: scoop out only the thick coconut cream at the top of the can. Leave the liquid in the bottom and save for a smoothie or another recipe.
2. Add the coconut cream and maple syrup to a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, whip on medium until the cream becomes fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to overmix.
3. Refrigerate for 10 minutes while making pancakes.
4. Blend Balzacs Espresso beans or grinds as finely as possible. Scoop out 1 heaping tsp for the recipe.
5. Add all ingredients of the pancakes, including the coffee grinds into a bowl and mix well. 6. Add to a non-stick pan and cook until brown on each side.
6. For mocha glaze, mix together all glaze ingredients until consistency is runny enough to drizzle and no clumps are left.
7. Top pancakes with coconut whip, crumbled chocolate wafers, mocha glaze and halved strawberries (green tops still on)