Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 16 Paws
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal & 3 tbsp water)
- ½ cup banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup fancy molasses
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Flourish Plant-Based Protein Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, make your flax egg by stirring flaxseed meal and water together. Let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in mashed banana, maple syrup, fancy molasses, and vanilla extract.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl, sifting the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold until thick dough forms with no dry streaks.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon full of dough and flatten the dough into an oval shape, about 1/2 inch thick. Use kitchen shears to cut “claws”.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until puffed up and set. Let cool on the cookie sheets for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Cookies will stay soft and cake-like.