Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- 2 cups Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, large
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ⅔ cup plus 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ⅔ cup plus 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large Pink Lady apple (about 8 oz.), grated
- ½ cup plus ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup plus ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk Flourish, flaxseed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, applesauce, ⅔ cup maple syrup, ⅔ cup coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Gently add dry mixture to the wet mixture and whisk to combine. Fold in grated apple, ½ cup almonds and ¼ cup oats. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each to the very top.
- Mix remaining ¼ cup almonds, ½ cup oats, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and 1 tbsp coconut oil in a small bowl to combine. Sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake muffins, rotating pan halfway through, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 25–30 minutes.