Prep Time 10 minutes
Chill Time 1 hour
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
Servings 8 pinwheels
- ¾ cup Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp cornstarch (or xanthan gum)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, cold
- ¼ cup cream cheese, cold
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg & 1 tsp water, egg wash
Ham & Cheese Filling
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 8 ounce sliced swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together Flourish, coconut flour, cornstarch, and salt until evenly combined.
- Add in butter (cut into cubes) and cream cheese and cut together until crumbly. Add in egg and vinegar and fold together until just combined. The mixture should look like coarse breadcrumbs rather than cookie dough.
- Turn out the dough onto cling film (i.e. saran wrap) and pat into a rectangle. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough, and spread about 1 heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard on top. Add 4 slices of swiss cheese and 4 slices of ham on top. Roll up the rectangle and pinch the end to seal the seam.
- Cut roll into 8 pieces. Place on a greased 8x8 inch pan. In a small bowl whisk together egg and water and brush on top of the pinwheels. Finish by sprinkling poppyseeds on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.