Prep Time 25 minutes
Chill Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 2 hours
Servings 4 Poptarts
For the crust
- 2 ⅓ cups Flourish Birthday Cake Protein Pancake Mix
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, solid
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg *for egg wash
For the Filling
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
For the Toppings
- 3/4 cup powdered erythritol (or powdered sugar)
- 1 –2 tsp almond milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops red food colouring
- Sprinkles *optional
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together Flourish, cold water, and coconut oil and mix until the mixture resembles a fine breadcrumb.
- Add in maple syrup and sea salt to the bowl and continue to mix until dough begins to form a large ball.
- Split the dough into two, wrap in plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling by placing the raspberries, maple syrup and lemon juice into a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook the raspberries until the liquid begins to bubble and the berries are easily broken down when you press on them with the back of a spoon. Reduce heat to low and stir in chia seeds. Continue to stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken up to a jam-like consistency then remove from heat and let cool.
- Prepare the icing by whisking together powdered erythritol, milk, vanilla extract, and food colouring stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll out the dough into a rectangle and cut the dough evenly into 4 rectangles.
- Place the rectangles on a lined baking sheet. Brush the edges with the egg wash and spoon about 2- 3 tbsps of the raspberries mixture into the center of each piece of dough.
- Roll out the other half of the dough in the same method, cut into rectangles, and top the pastry with the remaining 4 rectangles, crimp with edges with a fork (trimming off any excess if necessary) and poke some air holes in the top. Place them in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes until the edges turn golden brown
- Once cooked, allow to cool. Drizzle icing on top of cooled pop tarts and finish with sprinkles.