Healthier Strawberry Shortcake
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease mini bundt cake molds with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric hand mixer, beat the egg yolks and ½ cup coconut palm sugar on medium-high speed. Add in Flourish Vanilla Protein Pancake Mix, cornstarch, vanilla extract and salt into the egg yolk mixture, and beat until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar (or lemon juice) together. Beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining ¼ cup coconut palm sugar, and beat until glossy, stiff peaks form.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed, slowly add the egg yolk mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased mini bundt molds. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean, or with a few moist crumbs attached. Allow the cakes to cool in the molds for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the strawberry topping, sprinkle the coconut sugar over the diced strawberries. Let sit for 15 minutes for the strawberries to release their juices.
- To make the whipped topping, place the heavy whipping cream, powdered erythritol, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Use a handheld electric mixer to whip ingredients together until stiff peaks form, about 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble the mini cakes, by filling the center with the strawberry filling. Then pipe whipped cream on top of the berries.
Want to see a video walk through of this recipe? Check out our Instagram or Facebook today!