Prep Time 20 minutes
Chill Time 2 hours
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 2 cups powdered sweetener
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine butter and coconut sugar and beat until well-creamed. Beat in molasses, egg and vanilla extract until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Flourish, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Scrape dough roughly into a ball, wrap completely in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat oven to 375F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Flour a clean surface and lightly flour the rolling pin. Roll the dough to ¼” thickness, and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes.
- Transfer cookies to lined cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.
- To make the icing, in a large bowl, combine powdered sweetener, almond milk (2 tbsp), and vanilla extract and stir until combined. If frosting is too thick, add a tsp of almond milk at a time, until the frosting is thick but pipeable.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a piping tip and pipe frosting on cookies and decorate with decorative candies, if desired.
- Allow frosting to harden before enjoying (30 - 40 minutes).
- Keep uneaten cookies sealed in an airtight container at room temperature.