A few weeks ago, I wanted to try a fun recipe that I have been dreaming about for quite awhile. High protein banana muffins! I have a crazy obsession with muffins, and I wanted a healthier alternative to have after my workout. So I decided to use our Flourish mix as a substitute for flour, and it was absolutely amazing. These muffins turned out so fluffy, and tasted just like a regular banana muffin..which for me was a huge win!
So, without further to do here is my secret high protein Banana Muffins recipe!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 6 (yes, six) over-ripe bananas
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups Vanilla Flourish Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (or as many as you’d like!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel bananas and mash together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (2 Cups Flourish Protein Pancake Mix, 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda, ½ Teaspoon Salt).
- In a mixer on medium speed, mix 6 mashed bananas, 2 whole eggs, ¼ Cup Canola or vegetable oil.
- Begin to combine ingredients, alternating between dry ingredients and milk. Continue mixing on medium speed until fully combined. Add in 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract, 1 Cup Chocolate Chips and mix until fully combined.
- Line a muffin tray with muffins cups and fill each cup about ¾ of the way full.
- Place tray onto the middle oven rack and cook for 25-30 minutes.