Birthday Cake Waffle TimBiebs
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 24 TimBiebs
• 1 ⅔ cups Birthday Cake Flourish Protein Pancake Mix
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
• 5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
• ½ cup sugar substitute (or ½ cup granulated sugar)
• 1 egg, large
• ½ cup oat milk
• ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• ½ cup oat milk (or water)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the Flourish, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add in egg, oat milk, yogurt, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and incorporate until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
5. Spoon mixture in a large ziplock bag and cut the tip of the bottom corner. Pipe filling into each muffin cavity, filling 3/4 full. Alternatively, you can spoon batter into each muffin cavity, filling 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a timbit comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. While the timbits cool, whisk together the maple glaze ingredients, powdered sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and oat milk until smooth.
8. Once your donut holes have cooled for about 15 minutes, toss the donut holes into the bowl and use a spatula to toss them and evenly coat them all in the glaze. Pour the donuts out onto a wire rack (with parchment underneath for the excess glaze to drip off onto).