Normally, we like to keep things healthy here at Flourish as we take pride in making meals that taste incredible and make you feel incredible too. This time, we decided to switch it up and make something that’s slightly more of a cheat meal. I know, it’s not what we normally do but just like anything in life, you want to have a balance. Sticking to a super healthy diet is great but once in a while you need to give yourself a sugary break so you don’t binge eat that one time you get frustrated from the diet. This is a nice change up and will satisfy your dessert and sugary cravings while still not being that bad for you. Just please don’t blame us once you get addicted and fail your diet completely. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Enjoy!
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 15Minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 18 Protein Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 2 Cups Flourish Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups canned Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/3 cup of pecans (or however much you want..this is totally up to you)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan with some cooking spray, preferably coconut oil, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix in the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin puree. Beat it on low speed until it’s smooth and well blended. Add your Flourish Pumpkin Spice Protein Mix and baking powder.
- Fill each of the doughnut holes with ¼ cup of batter. It should be about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, get a toothpick and insert it into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is ready!
- Take them out of the oven, and let them rest for 5 minutes then gently lift them from the edges and let them rest on a baking rack to cool down.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, vanilla extract & water
- Mash up 1/3 cup of pecans, and set aside.
- Gently dip each donuts into icing, then sprinkle pecans overtop.
- Then sit back and Enjoy..with a glass of milk of course!