Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 1 loaf ( approx. 12 Slices)
For the Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 cup Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup honey ⅓
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (or poppy seeds) *optional
For the Lemon Syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp powdered erythritol
For the Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered erythritol, sifted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, whisk three eggs. Whisk in coconut oil, honey, almond milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in chia seeds and lemon zest, then pour into the bread pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. Bake until the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool for about 10 minutes in the pan.
- Stir together the lemon juice and powdered erythritol for the lemon syrup. Carefully invert the loaf pan, and transfer the cake to a cooling rack, then brush the syrup on the cake while it’s still warm. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- When the cake is cooled, combine the powdered erythritol, lemon juice and milk. The icing should be thick and not runny. Pour icing over cake and let it harden before serving.