Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 12 pancakes
For The Apple Cider Donut Pancakes
- 2 ½ cups Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated erythritol
- 2 eggs, large room temperature
- 1 ½ cup apple cider
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For The Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- ½ cup granulated erythritol
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
For The Cooked Apples
- 2 large apples, cored, peeled and chopped up
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp granulated erythritol
- In a large bowl, whisk together Flourish, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, apple cider, and coconut oil until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring only until combined. Let the batter sit for 10-20 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the chopped apples, cinnamon, and sugar over medium heat, stirring frequently until the apples are soft and tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, prep the cinnamon sugar by combining the sugar and cinnamon.
- When you are ready to cook your pancakes, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto the surface. Cook on one side until holes form around edges, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook on other side for additional 1-2 minutes.
- Place each hot pancake in the cinnamon sugar, flipping over to coat the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with cooked apples and maple syrup!
Want to see a video walk through of this recipe? Check out our Instagram or Facebook today!