Prep Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Servings 20 crepes / 1 cake
Birthday Cake Crepes
Vanilla Cream Filling
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, add in eggs. Whisk until combined. Add the rest of the crepe ingredients in order as listed and whisk until smooth. Scrape the sides and whisk again briefly until the batter is lump-free. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or up to 2 hours.
- Place nonstick pan over medium to medium-high heat to preheat. Melt a little butter (or oil) in the bottom of the pan and swirl to coat.
- Slowly pour crepe batter into the center of the pan, tilting the pan around to spread the batter evenly across the bottom in a very thin layer.
- Flip the crepe over when it no longer looks shiny, and looks more matte, about 3 minutes. Cook for another 1 minute and then remove from the pan and repeat this process until no more batter remains.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat heavy cream on low speed until the beater starts leaving light tracks in the cream.
- Add powdered erythritol and increase speed to medium-high.
- Before the cream becomes stiff, add vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Stop beating when the cream starts to get stiff and turns from glossy to matte. Do not over whip.
- Once made, use for assembly immediately.
- Spread a thin layer of cream in between each layer of crepe.
- Top with more sprinkles if desired, cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
Want to see a video walk through of this recipe? Check out our Instagram or Facebook today!