Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 26 minutes
Total Time 41 minutes
Servings 12 Macaroons
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix (Or Vanilla)
- 1 ½ cups dried unsweetened coconut, shredded or flaked
- ½ cup Savor Organic Hazelnut & Chocolate Spread
- 150g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a mini muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Place hazelnuts onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely. Chop with a large knife and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until the mixture looks creamy. Add vanilla extract and Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix and whisk until well combined.
- Fold in coconut until well coated.
- Place about 1 tbsp of mixture into the mini muffin tray.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Poke a hole in the centre of each macaroon after taking out of the oven.
- Once cooled down take out of the mounds. Fill the hole with Savor Organic Hazelnut & Chocolate Spread and dip the bottom into melted chocolate.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and allow to set. Drizzle with melted chocolate and finish with a sprinkle of chopped toasted hazelnuts.