Protein Matcha Scones
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 12 scones
- 3 cup Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ½ tsp matcha
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter, cold
- 1 egg, large
- ¼ cup double cream
- ¾ cup almond milk
- milk to glaze
- Optional toppings : ¼ cup sliced almonds,
- Glaze - 1 cup powdered erythritol
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix, matcha, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Rub in the cold butter with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, milk and cream and then pour into your flour mix (if you don’t have cream you can use only milk).
- With your hand, mix loosely your scone mix until your dough forms. The bowl should be clean from the dough
- Turn your dough onto a floured work surface. Knead lightly to give your dough a smooth surface.
- Pat your dough down with your hand until it is around 1 inch thick.
- With a scone cutter cut out your lovely little scones.
- Put on a baking tray, glaze the tops of your scones with some milk and sprinkle sliced almond on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine vanilla, milk and powdered erythritol. Whisk until thick and combined. Drizzle over cooled scones.
Want to see a video walk through of this recipe? Check out our Instagram or Facebook today!