- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 55Minutes
- Total Time1 Hour 5 minutes
- Yield 1 Loaf of Pumpkin Protein Bread
Fun Flourish Recipes
Luscious Loaf Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 3/4 Cups Flourish Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup milk of choice or water
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, (for sprinkling after)
- Optional: walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, dried fruit
Fall season is in full effect both with the weather outside, the clothes we’re wearing, and the food that we’re eating. The leaves are starting to turn a beautiful red colour, everyone is getting ready for Halloween, and we’re trying out more fun recipes here at Flourish. This recipe was one that we’ve always wanted to try, but never really got the chance to until now. Everyone knows about Banana bread but have you ever tried Pumpkin Bread? I know what you’re thinking, ”wow what a great idea.” I know, it really is because we tried it and we absolutely loved it! This recipe does take a little time to cook so put on a show, sit back, relax and get ready to enjoy this delicious Pumpkin Spice Protein Bread. It's a healthy alternative to Banana bread, and is quite simple to prepare.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, and grease a 9x5inc loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and whisk until it is fully blended in.
- Add the pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla and salt. Once they are blended, add the Flourish mix and combine it with rest of the ingredients. You do not need a whisk to blend in the mix, a big spoon should work fine. (If you’re adding any additional ingredients, this would be a good time to add them.)
- Now pour the batter into the loaf pan, and lightly sprinkle in cinnamon on the top of the batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes (60 if you’ve added more ingredients), or until you can insert a toothpick into the bread that comes out clean. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes, then slice and enjoy!