Protein Pretzel Bites
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
Servings 64 pieces
½ - 1 cup coconut flour
2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast (1 packet)
1 ¼ cup warm almond milk (110°-120°F)
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
½ cup baking soda
1 large egg
Sea salt (or pretzel salt) for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour warm milk and sprinkle yeast over top, then add honey and stir. Allow yeast to bloom for 5-10 minutes. Once foamy, it's ready.
- Add Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix and salt to the yeast mixture. Knead for about 3 minutes until the dough comes together. Add then coconut flour, as needed. Dough should be tacky, not sticky.
- Cover the bowl with damp cloth and let dough rest for an hour.
- Fill an 8 quart pot with water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. In a small bowl beat egg and 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Form dough into a ball. First quarter the ball of dough. Roll each quarter into an 18" strand. Cut that into 4 equal pieces. Then cut each piece into 4 equal pieces. When you are done you will have 64 pieces.
- Carefully, add baking soda to boiling water - it will bubble up. Place dough bites into boiling water, about 10 at a time. Remove with a slotted spoon after 30 seconds. Place on parchment paper to cool.
- Brush egg wash onto each one and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until the tops are browned.
- Serve with your favorite nacho cheese dip!