Mini Pumpkin Pies
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 21 minute
Total Time 41 minutes
Servings 12 mini pies
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
Pecan Pie Crust
- 1 cup Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- ⅓ cup date sugar
- ½ cup toasted pecans, crushed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together Flourish, date sugar, toasted pecans, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add in coconut oil, egg, and vanilla and mix until crumb like mixture is formed.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 12 ( around 1-inch) dough balls. Place each dough ball into muffin tin and use your hands to form the dough into pie crusts, pressing down and working the dough about ¾ of the way up the muffin tin. Make sure there aren't any holes in the bottom or sides. Bake for 3 minutes.
- Once done baking, the cookie crust may have puffed up a bit and that’s okay. Simply take a teaspoon and gently press it down on the bottom and sides while it’s still warm.
- Next add the pumpkin pie filling to the cookie cups. Each cup will get about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until filling no longer jiggles. Allow mini pumpkin pies to cool completely in the muffin tin before removing them.
- Serve with a little whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top & enjoy!