Fluffy Japanese Pancakes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 3 pancakes
- 2 large eggs, separate egg whites and egg yolks
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp almond milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Flourish Protein Pancake Mix of your choice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp powdered erythritol (or powdered sugar)
- Fresh berries
- Maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks into two different bowls. Add in milk and vanilla to the egg yolks and whisk until thick and frothy.
- Add Flourish and baking powder. Whisk to combine thoroughly (do not overmix). Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer, start beating the egg whites. When the egg whites begin to turn frothy and white, gradually add in cane sugar. Continue to whip the egg whites. Stop beating when you lift up the hand mixer and the egg whites stand right up with stiff peaks slightly bending over.
- Combine the egg whites and egg yolk mixture by spooning ⅓ of the egg whites into the yolk batter mix at a time, using a whisk to combine. Repeat until all the egg white is added into the yolk mixture.
- Grease a 3.5-inch (9 cm) metal ring mold and set them in the middle of a non-stick pan over the lowest heat possible.
- Fill the molds about ¾ of the way full with the batter, then cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the center of the pancakes are slightly jiggly.
- Flip the pancake over carefully making sure not to spill any batter. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and berries! Enjoy!