Easter Bunny Brownies
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 12 brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups coconut sugar
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large cold eggs
- ½ cup Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
Bunny Bum Topping
- Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate (Brown, White, Pink, & Orange)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line muffin tray with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Add water to a medium saucepan so it is 1 to 2 inches deep. Heat water until simmering.
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and the salt in a medium heat-safe bowl. Rest the bowl over simmering water (if the bottom of the bowl touches the water, remove a little water). Stir mixture occasionally until the butter has melted and the ingredients are combined. Batter may look gritty.
- Remove the bowl from heat and set aside for 3 to 5 minutes to cool.
- Stir in the vanilla with a spoon. Then add the eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one.
- Stir in Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in in nuts, if using.
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake the brownies for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out with a few moist crumbs.
Decoration Bunny Bums
- Melt chocolates in a microwave safe bowl, until smooth. Transfer to a decorating bag. Fill in tails and pads on feet of mold with chocolate colour of choice. Chill until firm, about 5 minutes. Fill the rest of the molds with melted chocolate to the top edge. Tap mold gently to release any air bubbles. Chill until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Using a decorating bag, cover the top of a brownie with chocolate frosting. Top with bunny bum.
- Melt orange chocolates in a microwave safe bowl, until smooth. Dip strawberries into chocolate until completely covered. Place on parchment paper and chill for 10 minutes.
- Cut hole in the middle of the brownie. Cover the top with chocolate frosting and place a chocolate covered strawberry in the hole.