Swiss Roll Snack Cakes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Chill Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings 1 large roll / 8 small rolls
• 2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• 4 medium eggs, room temperature
• ⅔ cup sugar substitute (or granulated sugar)
• ¾ cup Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix
• 3 tbsp cocoa powder
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp cornstarch
Cream Cheese Filling
• 8 ounce brick cream cheese , room temperature
• 3 cups powdered sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
Make The Cake
1. Preheat oven to 355 ºF (180 ºC) and line a 10 x 15 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a heat-proof bowl above a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth and glossy. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
3. With an electric hand mixer, whisk together the eggs and sweetener until pale, fluffy and about tripled in volume.
4. Add the melted chocolate and whisk for a few seconds until fully incorporated.
5. Gently fold in Flourish, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch together into the fluffy chocolate mixture, until no flour clumps remain.
6. Transfer to the lined baking sheet and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (about 12-15 minutes).
7. Once baked, leave the sponge in the baking tray for 2 minutes, then turn it out of the baking tray onto a piece of baking paper generously dusted with cocoa powder. Peel away the top layer of baking paper, and roll up the sponge. Leave it cool completely
Make The Filling
8. While the cake is cooling, make the filling. Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth.
9. In a bowl, add both the chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate has melted. Whisk until smooth.
Assemble the Chocolate Roll
10. Once the chocolate cake has cooled, cut the cake in two layers with a serrated knife.
11. Spread the filling evenly over the two cake layers, leaving about a 1/2 inch border on all sides and cut them into 4 even rectangles.
12. Carefully roll each piece up and wrap in a plastic wrap to keep the shape. Let cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
13. Cut the cooled rolls into smaller rolls. Coat the cake rolls with the chocolate ganache. Enjoy!