Pull Apart Brie Bread
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour & 55 mins
Total Time 2 hours & 15 mins
Servings 1 bowl
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 ½ cup Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil + ¼ cup for brushing
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 (8-oz.) brie wheel
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together warm (100°F) water, yeast, and honey, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Flourish, almond flour, cane sugar, and salt.
- Add the olive oil and dry ingredients into yeast mixture and stir.
- Knead for 5 minutes, either by hand or with a stand mixer and hook attachment.
- Line a crock pot with parchment and place ball of dough in center
- Place paper towels over the top, and put the lid, very slightly ajar over that, this will help absorb some of the moisture so the top of your bread is not mushy and wet while the bottom is crispy and hard.
- Cook on high for an hour and a half, or until the bottom is browned.
- Remove from the crock pot and place on a baking tray. Broil 2-3 minutes or until you reach the desired golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with foil. Using a serrated knife, crosshatch the bread, slicing every inch in both directions and making sure not to slice all the way through the bottom.
- Spoon in the rest of the olive oil and thyme into each crosshatch.
- Stuff each crosshatch with brie and cranberry sauce and wrap bread completely in the foil.
- Bake until the cheese is melty and bread is warm and toasty, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.