Protein S'mores Bars
Protein S'mores Bars
Prep Time 4 hours 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 4 hours 33 minutes
Servings 9 squares
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp water, divided
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pouch gelatin
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Arrowroot for dusting (or cornstarch)
Graham Cracker-Style Crust:
- 2 ¼ cups Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp molasses
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup Dark or milk chocolate chips
- Line a baking pan with parchment and grease with coconut oil. Sprinkle arrowroot on top. Shake to lightly coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together gelatin and 2 tbsp of water and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine honey, ¼ cup water, and salt. Place over low-medium heat and bring to a gentle boil, whisking until very smooth and combined. Continue boiling on low for 10 minutes, or until a thermometer reaches 240ºF. Remove from heat.
- Stir in gelatin mixture and whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on high speed for 5- 6 minutes or until almost white. The texture should be like a soft lava that holds a soft peak for a few seconds.
- With a rubber spatula, scrape out marshmallow mixture and spread evenly into the prepared pan. Let rest, uncovered, for 4 hours or overnight. Do not refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8x8” baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla, coconut sugar, molasses, and almond milk until well incorporated.
- Slowly fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture until combined.
- Add mixture to the prepared pan and press down using a cup until firm. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place marshmallow on top. Turn the oven on to a high broil and bake for 1 – 2 minutes or until golden brown top. Watch carefully, or will burn fast.
- Cut into squares and serve.