Protein Burger Buns
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
Servings 4 buns
- 1 cup Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅔ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large egg, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Flourish, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the yogurt and using a spatula, stir together until combined.
- Drizzle olive oil over dough and roll until a ball is formed.
- Divide the dough into 4 even pieces. Lightly flour your hands and roll each piece into a ball and flatten it into a 4-inch disk.
- Transfer the buns onto the lined baking sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Brush the tops of the buns with the egg white wash then sprinkle them with sesame seeds (optional).
- Bake the buns until they are golden brown and no longer doughy, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove the buns from the oven and let them cool before slicing and serving.
Serving: 1 BUN / Calories: 192cal / Protein: 15.5g / Fat: 4.4g / Carbohydrates: 24.9g / Saturated Fat: 0.9g / Fiber: 3.5g / Sugar: 1.2g