Plant-Based & GF Cinnamon Donuts
Protein Cinnamon Donuts
Prep Time 20 minutes
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup Flourish Original Plant-Based Protein Pancake Mix
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Start by preparing the flax egg by combining ground flaxseed and water in a medium bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken the consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease donut pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In the flax egg bowl, whisk in non-dairy milk, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, combine Flourish, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Mix until they evenly combine; do not over-mix the batter.
- Pipe the batter to each donut slot, filling it only 2/3 of the way so the batter can rise while baking.
- Bake donuts for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Then, transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Coat donuts in cinnamon sugar: In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, melt the vegan butter in the microwave. Brush a donut with melted vegan butter, then gently toss inside the cinnamon sugar. Evenly coat the entire donut, and repeat until all donuts are coated. Enjoy!