Maple Leaf Cookies
Prep Time 20 minutes
Chill Time 1 hour
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 28 minutes
Servings 60 cookies (30 sandwiches)
- 1 1/2 cups Flourish Vanilla Protein Pancake Mix (Or Buttermilk)
- 1 1/3 cups coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1 tub Good Pantry Maple Buttercream Frosting
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Flourish, coconut flour, flaxseed, baking powder, arrowroot powder, and salt. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together coconut milk, maple syrup, and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the maple extract until combined.
- Beat in flour mixture in several additions, until just blended. Divide dough into two balls and flatten each ball into a disk. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out one disk of dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/3 inch thick. Cut out cookies with leaf shaped cookie cutters dipped lightly in flour. Place cookies on prepared sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies until edges just start to brown, 7-8 minutes. Watch them closely as they can start to burn quickly. Cool cookies on sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread the backside of one cookie with a spoonful of Good Pantry Maple Buttercream Frosting. Top with another cookie, and repeat until all cookies are matched up.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.