Healthier Thin Mints
Healthier Thin Mints
Prep Time 20 minutes
Chill Time 2 hours
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 26 minutes
Servings 42 cookies
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Flourish Chocolate Protein Pancake Mix
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
- 14 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar on medium speed. Add in the vanilla and peppermint, egg and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Flourish, cocoa, and salt until combined.
- Slowly beat this mixture into the wet mixture on low speed to fully combine.
- Gather the dough, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Once the dough has chilled, remove it from the refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough on a counter top on a piece of parchment paper and place another sheet of parchment on top. Roll out the dough with the rolling pin to about 1/4” thickness. Use a round cookie cutter (anywhere from 2” - 3” diameter is fine) to cut the dough into circles. Carefully transfer the dough circles to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough until it’s used up.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 6-7 minutes or until set. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and coconut oil and cook in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds until completely smooth.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and dip each cooled cookie into the chocolate.
- Using a fork, tap it very gently on the side of the bowl to ensure the chocolate layer isn't too thick, then place the chocolate dipped cookie on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Using excess chocolate on your fork sweep the fork back and forth quickly over the cookies to add a pattern on top of the cookies then let them sit at room temperature or in a refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
Want to see a video walk through of this recipe? Check out our Instagram or Facebook today!