Festive Gingerbread Churros
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 25 minutes | Total Time 35 minutes | Servings 24 churros
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
Gingerbread Spice :
1 tbsp Ground Ginger
1 1/2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a pan add water, coconut oil, sugar and salt. Mix together until coconut oil melts and water boils.
- Turn off heat when water boils and add flour. Mix until you get a dough. Mix in vanilla extract until just combined. Set aside to cool for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the cooled dough to a pastry bag. Create candy cane shaped churros. Cut the ends off with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes turning midway for an even bake. While churros bake, combine the gingerbread spice and sugar in a pan.
- Once baked allow to cool, brush with melted butter and dip into the pan with the gingerbread spice and sugar to coat.
- To make the ganache combine the chips and coconut oil and microwave for 1 minute stirring every 15 seconds to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- The churro dough should be soft and sticky.
- The softer the dough the easier to pipe it out so I don’t recommend waiting until it gets completely cold.
- Gingerbread spice mix can be substituted with sugar, ground cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Want to see a video walkthrough of this recipe? Check out our Instagram or Facebook today!
Back to Fun Flourish Recipes