Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield 6 servings
- In a large bowl, combine Flourish pancake mix, instant yeast, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon, honey and warm water. Mix with hands or with a stand mixer on low with a dough hook.
- Mix until most of the loose flour has been worked into the dough and the dough looks shredded, about 2 minutes. Add the blueberries.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead with hands (if using a stand mixer, increase the speed to medium low) and continue mixing until the dough is stiff, smooth, and elastic, about 8 to 9 minutes more. Add more Flourish if necessary.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place it in a large oiled bowl and turn it to coat dough in oil. Cover with a damp towel and let the dough rise in a warm area for 1 hour until it is puffy and springs back. Dough will not double in size.
- While the dough rises, preheat oven to 425°F. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium low after water comes to a boil and let simmer. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper greased with oil.
- Turn the risen dough out onto a dry surface and divided the dough into 6 equal pieces. Shape out each piece to form a ball and than pinch the middle until a hole is made. Continue to gently stretch the piece until bagel shape is formed. Cover the shaped bagels with a damp towel and let rest 10 minutes.
- After resting, boil the bagels, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side, then remove to the baking sheet.
- Once all of the bagels have been boiled, whisk together 1 tablespoon of water and the egg white until evenly combined. Brush the egg mixture onto the bagels.
- Place bagels in the over, after 10 minutes rotate bagels and let cook for another 8-10 minutes until bagels are a deep caramel colour and have formed a crust on the bottom and top. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes so the interiors finish cooking and the crusts form a chewy exterior.
Now, it's your turn! We’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #flourishpancakes