Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 Mini Dutch Babies
Dutch Baby Batter
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¾ cups Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
Apple Pie Topping
- 2 Gala or Honey Crisp apple, diced
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp chopped, toasted pecans
- ¼ cup Good Pantry Maple Buttercream Frosting
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a blender, add in eggs, almond milk, Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix, vanilla, coconut sugar, and salt. Blend on high speed until smooth and set aside.
- Melt the 4 tbsp of butter and evenly distribute it between the muffin cups. Pour the pancake batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Place the muffin tins into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or when they are golden brown and puffed up.
- While the pancakes are baking, make the apple pie topping. Place the diced apples, sugar, spices, salt, vanilla extract and water into a medium sized pan. Stir until all the apples are coated in the sugar mixture.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring continuously and cook for around 10 minutes until the apples are fork tender.
- Once the pancakes are done, remove them from the oven, and add a heaping spoonful of the apple pie mixture to the middle of each pancake, and top with toasted pecans and Good Pantry Maple Buttercream Frosting or dust with some icing sugar.