"They See Me Rolling" Protein Cinnamon Rolls
Protein Cinnamon Rolls
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Proofing Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 25 minutes
Servings 12 cinnamon rolls
For the dough:
1 cup almond milk, lukewarm
1/3 cup coconut cream, melted
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 package active dry yeast
4 cups Buttermilk Flourish Protein Pancake Mix
1/4 tsp salt
For the filling:
3 tbsp coconut cream
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
For the icing:
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup powdered erythritol
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Generously butter two disposable foil pie/cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lukewarm almond milk, coconut cream, and coconut sugar. The mixture should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F. If it is hotter, allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let set for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of Buttermilk Flourish Protein Pancake Mix to the milk mixture and mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 355˚F/180˚C.
- After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size. Remove the towel and add an additional 1 cup of Flourish Pancake Mix and salt. Stir well, then turn out onto a well-floured(can use Flourish Mix or flour of choice) surface.
- Knead the dough lightly, adding additional flour as necessary, until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch thick.
- Spread the coconut cream evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with coconut sugar and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon. Press the mixture into the cream.
- Roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Trim off any unevenness on either end.
- Cut the log in half, then divide each half into 7 evenly sized pieces (about 1½ inches thick each).
- Place cinnamon rolls in each cake pan, one in the center, six around the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap. Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the frosting. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese, coconut cream, vanilla,
- Remove the cinnamon buns from the oven. While still warm, drizzle evenly with frosting.
Want to see a video walk through of this recipe? Check out our Instagram or Facebook today!