- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 15 Minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield 12 waffles
Fun Flourish Recipes
Triple Decker Protein Waffle Extravaganza
- 2 cup Flourish Protein Pancake Mix (We used Buttermilk)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Toppings (Berries, chocolate, whipped cream, etc)
ADD TO CART
What better way to say sorry to a loved one, than to treat them to their favourite food. In season two of Stranger Things, Chief Hopper, has some issues with Eleven throughout her stay with him. Trying to smooth things over with her, he makes her a special triple decker Eggo extravaganza. And if you didn't already know, Eleven loves Eggo waffles.
Hopper's Triple-Decker Eggo Extravaganza invention is made with three Eggo waffles with whipped cream and Hersey Kisses layered in-bewteen each waffle, and topped with more Hersey Kisses, Reese's Pieces and jelly beans. Anyone who has an intense sweet tooth may love this combination but the toppings are totally up to you. Personally, we rather berries and whipped cream topped with maple syrup but the choice is totally up to you! Best part, you can freeze these waffles and pop them in a toaster for a quick breakfast later on in the week.
- Begin by preheating your waffle iron to medium heat.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, and vanilla. Then, add in Flourish pancake mix, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Finally, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Once waffle maker is completely heated, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray (I use coconut oil cooking spray) on both sides. Then, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto waffle maker, close, and cook. Let cook for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes. If it needs a little be more time to cook, close and let cook for about 20-30 seconds longer.
- Use non-stick tongs to remove waffle from iron.
- Add toppings!
Well there you have it Flourish Fam! Our take on a healthier version of Eleven's favourite food.
Best Way to Freeze Waffles
- First, let your waffles cool down to room temperature and stop producing so much moisture (steam). This will prevent freezer burn in the freezer and help your waffles stay nice and fresh.
- Then, stack 2 servings of waffles (2 waffles) together. Tightly wrap them in a piece of plastic wrap, in a ziploc bag or in a Stasher bag. Make sure to remove as much air as possible, which will also help to prevent freezer burn.
- Place waffles in the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months.