Raspberry Glazed Vanilla Donuts
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 12 donuts
- 1 ½ cup Flourish Vanilla Protein Pancake Mix
- ½ cup Liva Date Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt (can substitute w sour cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 - 3 tbsp water
Optional: sprinkles for decorating
For cake donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl whisk together Flourish Vanilla Protein Pancake Mix, Liva date sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, sour cream, vanilla and coconut oil until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Batter will be on the thick side.
- Fill the donut pan 2/3 full and bake for 8-9 minutes. Cool for several minutes, then remove donuts from the pan and cool on a rack.
For raspberry glaze:
First, make the raspberry reduction:
In a small saucepan, cook the raspberries on medium-high heat until they have released their juice and part of the liquid has evaporated.
Pass the raspberry mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds and skin. Return the raspberry juice to the saucepan and cook further until it has decreased in volume to about 1/4 cup. Allow to cool.
Mix together the powdered/icing sugar, raspberry reduction and lemon juice. Slowly add the water, one tbsp at a time, mixing well after each addition, until you get the desired glaze consistency.
You can make multiple shades of pink glaze by adding the raspberry glaze gradually – this way, you can go from the lightest of pinks, to a vibrant bright pink!
Dip one side of the cooled donuts into the glaze, and set them onto a cooling rack to allow the excess glaze to drip away.
Before the glaze sets, decorate with sprinkles of choice.