Multigrain Seed Bread
Prep Time 25 minutes
Rest Time 2 hours 30 mins
Total Time 2 hours 55 mins
Servings 2 loafs
3 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
3 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
4 Tablespoons flax seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 Tablespoons Steel Cut Oats, or Cracked Wheat
¼ cup Quinta Quinoa
½ cup water
2 cup coconut flour
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon dry, active yeast
¼ cup honey
1 Tablespoon salt
½ cup Additional seeds for garnish, optional, not soaked
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, steel cut oats, chia seeds, and quinoa in a small bowl. Stir in ½ cup water and allow seeds to soak for an hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the yeast into 2 cups of warm water. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add honey, coconut flour, Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix , seed mix, and salt.
- Stir together to combine and then knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with damp cloth and set in a warm place to rise until it has doubled, about 1 hour.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and divide it into 2 pieces and form the initial shape of pans.
- Grease the pans with coconut oil.
- If you want a seedy crust, brush the dough with water and roll them into a mix of extra seeds spread on a plate. (About ¼ cup of mixed seeds per loaf. Feel free to add in some sesame seeds too!
- Place the loaves into the baking pans.
- Cover loosely with damp cloth then allow them to rise again until doubled, 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When the bread has risen, make ½"-1" deep slashes across the top if you'd like.
- Place in the oven and close the door.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the bread reaches an internal temperature of 200 degrees F.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.