- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
Fun Flourish Recipes
"Lucky Lemon" High Protein Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup Buttermilk Flourish Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (room temp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Whole Lemon
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk
- 2 tsps Lemon Juice
Firstly, a huge thank you to @thehealthycantina for submitting this recipe! Please take a second to look at their page, it's just amazing.
Let's get started...
Who doesn't love cookies! These "Lucky Lemon" High Protein Cookies are a great morning treat if you're running out the door. And make for an awesome midnight snack if you're looking to kick back and dunk your fingers in a glass of milk like the good ol days. Ahhhh, I remember when all I had to worry about was dropping my Oreo into my tall milk glass. ANYWAY...I DIGRESS!
I'm clearly a cookie lover and don't want to lose my favourite childhood treat because of some phony boundaries. Let's get down to making some awesome cookies, the healthy way!
By the way... Freezer friendly? Yes! Kid friendly? Yes! Tasty? Yes x1000!
- Preheat your over to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix with baking soda + salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the butter, sugar, egg + vanilla until fully combined.
- Add the lemon rind and juice to the creamed butter mixture.
- Combine both the dry ingredients from Step 2 with your butter mixture.
- For extra yum, fold in 1/2 a cup of shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Let's pop these in the oven! Line a tray with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes!
- While your cookies are baking, mix together icing sugar + lemon juice + Almond Milk to create the perfect Glaze
- Take out of the oven, apply glaze and let cool
- Top with a light dusting of Cinnamon and Coconut
These cookies will ring in at about 5g of Protein per cookie. Not bad for a two-bite (one-bite for me!) cookie that you can have on the go. Pop 3 of these into a napkin and let's hit the road. It's time to take on this work day, one cookie at a time.
Want to submit your favourite Flourish recipe? DM us or reach out via email to get started!