- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
Fun Flourish Recipes
Lemon Zest Blueberry Waffles
- 1 1/2 Cup Flourish Vanilla Protein Pancake Mix
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of almond milk (or whatever you please)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blueberries
We really do love our pancakes, but sometimes you need to change it up to keep things interesting. Everybody is into waffles because they're pretty much the exact same as pancakes...just slightly thicker. Ah, nothing wrong with some extra fluff some mornings. I remember the days of having waffles and ice cream every morning and not having to worry about how I look...the good ol days. Alright, LETS MOVE ON!
Alright so maybe I had waffles slightly too much when I was younger, but this healthy alternative does not sacrifice that fluffy goodness in any way. These waffles will have you feeling guilt free, just like all our yummy recipes here at Flourish.
- Combine all of the ingredients together aside from the blueberries in a large bowl. Mix them well because you want the mix to be smooth! Once it's smooth, let it sit for 5 minutes, then stir in the blueberries.
- Pre-heat your waffle maker and add a coat of butter or non stick spray.
- Gently pour the batter on your waffle maker and cook until the waffles are golden brown on each side.
- If you want, you can top them off with some blueberries for a little extra fun or if you're really wild...have some extra maple syrup.
- Buon Appetito