"Blue Baby" Blueberry Bagels
- Prep Time 1 hour
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield 6 servings
Fun Flourish Recipes
"Blue Baby" Blueberry Bagels
- 5 cups Flourish Pancake Mix (Vanilla OR Buttermilk)
- 1 pack instant yeast
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 cups warm water 105°F to 110°F
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh, dried or frozen)
- 1 large egg white
These Protein Blueberry Bagels are a healthy alternative to your new favourite go-to bread of choice, but taste just as good if not better! We're giving you the option to choose between Vanilla and Buttermilk Flourish today.
These are sure to satisfy your cravings and make the perfect treat for the entire family to enjoy. We hope you have fun making these and sharing them with friends and family to enjoy.
- In a large bowl, combine Flourish pancake mix, instant yeast, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon, honey and warm water. Mix with hands or with a stand mixer on low with a dough hook.
- Mix until most of the loose flour has been worked into the dough and the dough looks shredded, about 2 minutes. Add the blueberries.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead with hands (if using a stand mixer, increase the speed to medium low) and continue mixing until the dough is stiff, smooth, and elastic, about 8 to 9 minutes more. Add more Flourish if necessary.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place it in a large oiled bowl and turn it to coat dough in oil. Cover with a damp towel and let the dough rise in a warm area for 1 hour until it is puffy and springs back. Dough will not double in size.
- While the dough rises, preheat oven to 425°F. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium low after water comes to a boil and let simmer. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper greased with oil.
- Turn the risen dough out onto a dry surface and divided the dough into 6 equal pieces. Shape out each piece to form a ball and than pinch the middle until a hole is made. Continue to gently stretch the piece until bagel shape is formed. Cover the shaped bagels with a damp towel and let rest 10 minutes.
- After resting, boil the bagels, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side, then remove to the baking sheet.
- Once all of the bagels have been boiled, whisk together 1 tablespoon of water and the egg white until evenly combined. Brush the egg mixture onto the bagels.
- Place bagels in the over, after 10 minutes rotate bagels and let cook for another 8-10 minutes until bagels are a deep caramel colour and have formed a crust on the bottom and top. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes so the interiors finish cooking and the crusts form a chewy exterior.
Now, it's your turn! We’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #flourishpancakes