Birthday Cake Cupcakes - Vegan & GF
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 12 cupcakes
- 1 ⅔ cups Flourish Birthday Cake Plant-Protein Pancake Mix
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Full-Fat coconut milk, room temp
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Vegan Sprinkles (for filling) *optional
- Vegan Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a muffin pan with 12 parchment paper muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the Flourish, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, add full-fat coconut milk (be sure to whisk the cream and water from the can until completely smooth). Add in maple syrup, vanilla and vinegar. Stir until smooth.
- Slowly pour the liquids over the dry ingredients as you whisk the mixture gently until the batter is smooth and no longer lumpy. The batter will be on the thicker side.
- Divide the batter using a 1/4 measuring cup or ice cream scoop into the 12 liners. Pick up the pan and jiggle it a bit side to side to allow the cupcake batter to naturally flatten out on the tops.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the toothpick is clean. A few DRY crumbs are ok. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before continuing.
- Once cooled, use a knife to cut a hole about 1" in diameter and 1" deep into the center of each cupcake. Cut the bottom off of each insert and set aside the top, which will serve as the plug for your cupcakes.
- Fill each carved hole with sprinkles (about 1 Tbsp), filling just below the brim of the cupcake. Top with your cupcake plug and gently press down. Top with vanilla frosting.
Calories: 155 cals
- Fats: 4.6 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.8 g
- Sugar: 12.3 g